This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Platform: Perl, Unix (Linux), Windows NT, 2000 and XP
Price: free for personal use, contact company for commercial use
Open source Perl code.
Designed to scale up to millions of documents for topical portals
- Multiple pagecrawlers (robot indexing spiders).
- Multiple stopwords files to reduce index size.
- Can remove unwanted URLs and keywords
- Indexing statistics kept.
- Simple CGI search interface.
- In 1995, ran on the AltaVista main page for commerce search.