This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Indexes files in local server directories, can exclude unwanted paths
- Index size approximately the same as original text
- Can handle web sites with thousands of pages
- Indexes PDF files on Unix only, using Xpdf
- Can store index in DB_file
- Logs indexing process
Configurable stopwords list and frequent-word exclusion
- Can set recommended documents for specific searches
Optional case sensitivity in search
- Recognizes Internet query operators + for required term and - for unwanted term
Can search by field: title, metadata, url, links, alt-text Sort results by relevance, modification date, file size, title, or file name.
- Results page default highlights search term matches
Can show search term matches in context Results pages customizable
Articles & Reviews
Very high ratings from happy users.