This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Copernic Empower Search and Metasearch Engines
Platform: Windows NT 4 Server, Windows 2000 Server
Price: $15,000 per processor.
Uses robot spider, local server scanning for Windows and Novell file systems.
Interfaces to Microsoft Exchange servers.
- Real-time index updates.
- File formats include HTML, text, PDF, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, WordPerfect and ZIP.
- Uses linguistic analysis on index and queries.
- Query features: free text search, phrases, fields, metadata, Boolean operators, stemming
Metasearch engine can query multiple search engines in parallel
- Search options include type, size, modification date and author or editor.
- Can create search zones.
- Document summarization analyzes the content text for relevance ranking, displays key concepts.
- Flexible and powerful web interface
- Many customization features
- Scalable to multiple servers.
- Languages include English, French, German, Spanish, works with Japanese and Chinese characters
Articles & Reviews
Copernic Introduces Copernic Aggregator InternetNews, September 28, 2000 by Paul Nicholls
Description of the software, how it works, and how it can help a site.