This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Name comes from "open retrieval engine"
Platform: middleware on Windows NT, 2000; Unix Linux, Solaris, HP/UX
Price: contact company
Designed for Knowledge Management, e-commerce and complex customer support applications.
Uses Natural-Language Processing when possible to identify questions and structure queries
- Can integrate with databases, file systems, Lotus Notes, OpenText LiveLink, Tamino.
- Spider can index text by following links.
- Mainly Java and XML, with some features available in C++, C DLL and Java JNI DLL.
- Includes a spellchecker, recommender and profiler, Topic Map engine also available.
- Search interface includes an interactive dialog with the end user.