This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Formerly Trident Search
Platform: Java / JSP
Price: $2,650 up to 10,000 documents, contact company
Indexing crawler (robot spider) looks for "quality" pages
- Index stored in Unicode, avoiding encoding problems
- Phrase and proximity searching and ranking results.
- Numeric, date range and wildcard searching
- PrecisionRank algorithm for sorting search results
- Language recognition for 36 languages and stemming in 25 languages
- Shows document preview with highlighted search terms
- Scalable to large data sets with fast retrieval
- Java API
Articles & Reviews
Slovenian company unveils Java-based search engine Infoworld Electric, April 28, 1999 by Jeanette Borzo
Describes the search engine and a demonstration given at the Java conference.
- WWW search engine
for Slovenian and English medical documents
Describes a project for searching a digital library and developing user profiles to aid searching. Describes use of stopwords and stemming in Slovenian, probabilistic relevance ranking with interactive rlevance feedback. Tested medical queries on the local search engine and webwide search engines such as AltaVista.