This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Blue Angel MetaStar
- Gathers information from external sources
- Distributed search supports Z39.50 and US Government ASF standards.
- Combines external and internal content for searching
- MetaStar Harvester
robot can crawl web sites to gather pages for indexing.
- Recognizes metadata tags.
- Converts documents or records to XML for storage.
- Server-side application framework in Java
- Java Servlet works with IIS, Netscape and Apache, Tomcat and JRun
Requires a database back end such as Oracle or MS SQL server Often used in GILS (Government Information Locator Systems)