This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Nav4 from Think Tank 23
Standalone indexer/search engine or integrated with existing search engine as "patch kit".
- Also available as an SDK.
- Special features are automated recommendations and related documents: "contextual navigation".
- Designed to avoid the need for manual taxonomies.
- Multiple collections each with their own rules for indexing.
Robot spider for multiple sites, with scheduling, include/exclude controls.
- File system indexing for local or server mounted disks.
HTML, XML, PDF, text, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint; support for MS Works modules, RTF, ClarisWorks, WordPerfect and PostScript are $500 each. Duplicate detection and elimination. Automatic identification of document key themes using natural-language processing. Query supports keywords, quotes, Boolean operators, parenthetical grouping, wildcards Special query features include codes for fuzzy matching, proximity, weighting and special characters. Queries and results in HTML, SSI or RSS formats. Search results show sources, titles, URLs, text extracted from top of page, links to filters.
- Results page layout, graphics, and fields are very configurable.
Founded in 1997, consulting on knowledge management and retrieval, packaged
WayPath automatic web log linking with search and related topics.