This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Platform: Windows 2000, XP Professional
Price: contact company, average sale about $60,000
- Integrates with company's desktop file and email search engine, and metasearch product.
- Uses concept retrieval and neural net algorithms.
- Easy to install and configure.
- Designed for enterprise information workers.
- Graphic administration interface.
- Automatic categorization and taxonomies.
- Recognizes Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat (PDF) documents.
- Uses HTTP to access databases and messaging systems.
- Can use remote servers for distributed search processing.
- Integrates with Windows security and access control lists.
Articles & Reviews
Information Management Report Infosphere, March, 2003 by Magnus Stensmo
and Mikael Thorson, $325/€295 for a single PDF license
Describes advanced parsing and retrieval algorithms and company prospects.
80-20 gains global thumbs up Image & Data Manager, February 6, 2001 by Alicia Camphuisen
Describes a November 2000 report by Merrill Lynch "The next software wave: Intelligently closing the loop between EIPs, ERP, CRM and e-commerce" which includes mention of 80-20 software. Article includes a high-level description of the features of the search and categorization tools.
- Amnesty International Site Search - look up current events or past reports
Microsoft TechNet Demo - search the Microsoft web site via 80-20