This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Google will crawl your site and store your info in a remote database. When someone enters a query in the search form on your site, the Google server application receives the query, formats the results, and sends them back in an HTML form with links directly to the pages on your site.
See also: Google Search Appliance
Platforms: all Internet-accessible web servers
Price: free with advertising and limited customization, comes with WebSearch button as well
Paid versions: many more options, no advertising, price negotiable directly
- Index multiple sites (unlimited pages)
- Basic results page customization: logo, background graphic and color, text and link colors
- Search using Google syntax
- No spellchecking or translation yet.
- Google controls scheduling for index updating except for Custom SiteSearch.
- Minimal search reporting.
Articles & Reviews
- NEC Selects
Google to Provide Search Services on Japan's Leading BIGLOBE Portal Site Press
Release, December 19, 2000
Google will provide both web and site search services to NEC's BIGLOBE portal site and related online properties.