This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Product Information for LexiQuest Guide
Translates natural-language questions into search engine queries, translates across languages. For more information on these fucntions, see the SearchTools Reports on Natural-Language Searching and Cross-Language Information Retrieval.
Platform: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Sun Solaris Unix
Price: contact company
- Available in English, French and Spanish.
Recognizes natural-language questions.
- Analyzes word forms, syntatical forms, meanings and concepts.
- Works with major search engines including AltaVista, Hummingbird, PLS, Verity and Lotus.
- Includes industry-specific dictionaries for finance, medicine, law, information technology and geography, and custom dictionaries.
- Respond uses the technology for automatic question-answering.
- Mine uses the technology for text mining, automatic classification and categorization (see the SearchTools Reports on Classification and Classification Tools).
Articles & Reviews
Not by Words Alone: The Trend to Improve Information Retrieval LexiQuest White Paper by Sue Feldman, DataSearch Labs (registration required)
Describes how linguistic tools can improve searches by reducing ambiguity and providing context.
Apparently used by HotBot.