This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
IBM Intelligent Miner for Text
Platform: OS/390, Unix (AIX, Solaris), Windows NT and 2000
Price: not available, contact company (60 day trial available)
- Turnkey web search CGI system.
Robot indexing crawler and toolkit for following links
- Scalable to very large numbers of documents
- Language identification for each document
- Can index field names including metadata tags and XML
- Indexes HTML, RTF, PDF, MS Word, Excel etc. using converters from INSO.
- Automatic clustering and/or categorization assignment into defined categories
- Summarization based on representative text
- Recognizes special objects such as names, abbreviations and technical terms
- Full-text search engine with linguistic analysis.
- Languages are U.S. English, U.K. English, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, German, Swiss German, Spanish, Finnish, French, Canadian French, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian Bokmal, Norwegian Nynorsk, Portuguese, Russian, Thai and Swedish. Multi-byte language support for Hebrew, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. The Text Analysis Tools can only be used with English documents.
- Supports free-text, Boolean queries, fuzzy matching and synonyms.
- Java GUI for access and administration.
Articles & Reviews
FinanceWise Web searches are right on the money with Intelligent Miner for Text
IBM case study of using Intelligent Miner for Text to index selected sites and pages. Takes advantage of the crawler and the search engine.
- IBM's Intelligent Family
DBMS Magazine, August 1998 by Martin Rennhackkamp
Discusses the text miner in context of the other business intelligence and data mining tools. Describes the functionality and value of text mining.