This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Free open source search engine.
- Supports http, https (SSL), ftp, nntp, news URLs, htdb virtual URL support for indexing SQL databases; html, xml, plain, MPEG, and gif files.
- Option to query with all words, any words, or boolean queries.
- Supports synonym lists and stopwords.
- Indexes multilingual sites using content negotiation using ispell affixes and dictionaries
- Multiple character sets supported.
- Accent insensitive search option.
- Phrase segmenting [tokenizing] for Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Thai Languages
- Open source web-based search engine that uses the GNU Public Licence.
- Includes an indexer and a web CGI front-end.
- Supports external parsers.
- Results can be sorted by relevancy, popularity rank, last modified time and by "importance" (which is a product of relevancy and popularity rank).
- Can scale to at least 300,000+ pages (based on one example).
- Effective caching gives significant time reduction in search times.
- DataparkSearch Reference Manual is well done (Russian version as well).
- Active and searchable forums in English and Russian.
- Sochi's Internet Search - Sochi, is a resort town in southwestern Russia on the Black Sea. Its search engine has about 100,000 pages.
- 43°N 39°E - Searches English, Russian, German, and French sites.
- News Lookup Service - Crawls news sites on the web, options tosearch news sites by media type, region, and/or different aspects of a page (title, body, etc.).