This is an off-site copy of the corresponding Product report page on the SearchTools.com website, and it is designed to allow you to comment on the product and/or the reporting. For more information about the topic of search and tools visit SearchTools.com where you can browse many articles, in-depth analysis and overviews of external resources.
Onix Full Text Indexing and Retrieval Toolkit
Platforms: Portable ANSI C++ (already implemented on various flavors of Unix including Solaris, Win16, Win32, BeOS, and Mac OS X as well as Mac OS 9.
Price: contact PollardA@Lextek.com
- C++ code library
- Fast indexing, small index sizes
- Quick retrieval
- Flexible queries including proximity operators and wildcards
- Stemming, multiple languages and Unicode support.
- Scales to hundreds of Gigabytes,
- Includes unlimited technical support.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF) compatibility.
- Related products:
- Profiling Engine for automatic categorization and routing incoming documents.
- Brevity document summarizer
Articles and News
- Adobe Chooses Lextek Onix for Acrobat
Search Engine Press Release, May 28 2003
Adobe will be incorporating the Onix search engine, developed by Lextek, into Acrobat 6.0. This will make Acrobat documents on hard disks and local networks easy to search in text and metadata.