- i411 has changed its name to Intelligenx and added autocatagorization and multiple language support.
- Engenium now has OEM library and automatic clustering module.
- FreeFind now has wildcards for excluding URL paths from indexing, indexes common office document file formats, relevance weight adjustments for URL paths (with wildcards), and some really nice indexing reports -- URLs extracted, server response, status, and which URLs are actually in the searchable index.
- HomePageSearchEngine now indexes more file types.
- Doclinx now has a web monitoring agent, with support for speech recognition, for research and competitive intelligence, and a language analyzer.
- Boolean Search now runs natively on both PPC and Intel Mac OS X systems, includes web-based admin, spellchecking and match term highlighting in search results, template and AppleScript integration for search results formatting, standalone search server, and regular expressions in queries.
- Crawl-it remote service is still being supported.
- Datagold is no longer a separate search, it's part of an online archiving suite.
- Educasoft has no indication of continuing development
Small updates to Search Tools reports
Due to professional commitments and health issues, I'm not updating this blog.
Sometimes it's IT, Communications, HR, everyone, or no one. None of these by themselves are sustainable for supporting information access in the long…
The Enterprise Search Summit will be in Washington, CD, from November 1 to 3, and it's looking good! We're concentrating on strategies for making…